There is no need to tell how important Business Travel is. But still, some part of the sector are a bit obscure to most of the people.
For example, the vocabulary. Many of the words that business travel professionals use are hardly understood by business travelers themselves.
And to help you, or make your coworkers understand, here is a lexicon.
- Black Out Dates: Period during which certain offers are not available in hotels and chains (sometimes this can result in a suspension of tariff agreement, which is temporary). Most often during periods of affluence (trade shows).
- Bleisure: “Business and Leisure”, adding leisure to a business travel.
- Bluring: Blurring of the boundary between private and professional life.
- C.R.S: “Central Reservation System”: Computer reservation system that allows to book a service, an accommodation (example: a hotel room or an apartment). It is a system that can be internal to an agency or a hotel chain to manage its stock; or open to the public who can reserve directly on the tool, with an up-to-date stock in real time.
- GDS: “Global Distribution System”: software for managing bookings of travel services for tour operators. The GDS offers the TO to know in real time: the services, their availability and their prices.
- OBT: Open Booking Tool. Tools enabling companies to make online business travel reservations in their own IT environment, directly by the traveler, his assistant, or the TM. Tools that integrate the company’s travel policy, its negotiated rates, preferences and passenger cards.
- TMC: “Travel Management Company”: Business Travel Agencies
- D.M.C.: “Destination Management Company”. It is the “agency on site”. A reseller of activities and services on site, specialist of the destination. Its services range from the design of tourist programs to the reservation of hotel rooms, parties, shows, and the transmission of cultural and technical data on the stay (customs, etc.). The “On-site agency” is the guarantee of the smooth running of the stay..
- “Door to Door”: Accompany an entire trip (flight, accommodation, transportation, etc.)
- TO : Tour Operator.
Find more than 50,000 apartments on MagicStay, the only platform offering selected short-term accommodation for business travelers.